Friday, October 7, 2016

Tremors


just a minute… 


The jumps and “how are they going to get out of this mess” were plentiful. The forward motion was constant as well, with only a few lulls to catch their (and my) breath. 

If this was low budget, I’m doubly impressed. I never felt like I was being cheated out of special affects, in fact the graboids were pretty impressive. They reminded me of Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors and of course the Dune sandworms. Under the terra firma horror (or is it sci fi?) structure is something just as interesting. 

The reluctant (and questionable) heroes make good and surprise even themselves. Sometimes it takes a crisis with insurmountable odds to reveal character. 

All in all it was way better than anything I experienced in Florida.

2 comments:

  1. I love this film. Such a fun take off of 50's horror films with overdrawn but realistic characters. Time for my wife and I to watch this again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That worm chart! I love it. I also love the pest control pic. :)

    ReplyDelete