Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Jailhouse Rock

Elvis has magic lips. 

Now as for hips, I'll get to that in a minute. 

Here's how the magic works. Vince (Elvis) eyes up a woman, comments on her weight and assets, insults her and then, when he isn't the center of attention, commences having a temper tantrum; throwing his guitar around. But none of this matters, because Vince knows something that she doesn't. All he has to do is lean in and wham! All is forgotten. This isn't an isolated incident for on a date with another girl, he completely ignores her. No need for the energy it takes to have a conversation. Pow! All is forgiven.

About those hips. I didn't quite have the experience of, "Elvis, Elvis, let me be, keep that pelvis far from me!" His dancing was sort of herky jerky with a hitch in his getalong. If I wanted that kind of dancing, I'd go with the much more entertaining James Cagney.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Elvis is just MEAN. I didn't care for his character. The music was good, though.

    ReplyDelete