Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Water

The loving care put into this hard fought for-film is apparent with the detail of color, texture and framing. It is presented like a gift. Another gift is Seema Biswas, who plays Shakuntula. I was mesmerized by her as she quietly presented her story. 

Through the film, writer and director, Deepa Mehta, asks, “What is the role of faith in our lives?” These are some of the faces of faith that I identified with:

Repose


Revolt



Resign


Rejoice


Realize


Resolve




2 comments:

  1. This is hands-down my favorite movie! Mesmerizingly beautiful, deeply painful and ultimately redemptive. I really can't express how much I love this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy!

    I didn't know this?! Why didn't I know this? I should know such things! Let's watch this together some time.

    ReplyDelete