Thursday, October 22, 2015

My Favorite Action Film: The Poseidon Adventure

Childhood is a powerful time to watch films. Everything is new, big, and memorable. 

I don't know how well this film holds up to other great adventure movies I have seen over the years, but it was the first one that came to mind for today's theme. 

I remember the day after seeing it, laying on my carpet trying to figure out how I could traverse my ceiling to get down to the basement. It was a mind bending puzzle that would have never occurred to me otherwise. 

I started looking at life a little differently, because I was so impressed with the "thinking out of the box" concept. Ingenuity, the survival instinct and a big dose of self sacrifice made the characters remain with me to this day. 

Little did I know they were played by big name greats. 


No comments:

Post a Comment