Thursday, October 22, 2015

My Favorite Sci Fi/Fantasy Movie: Star Wars- The Empire Strikes Back

Timing is everything. 

I was ten when Star Wars came out and remember my older brothers talking about it, but did not see it till network television some time later. 

By 1980, I was ready. With babysitting money in hand, I caught a ride to the theater and had the greatest experience ever! 

I chose the picture above because Empire Strikes Back is pure movie magic. I completely got caught up in the story and the characters and didn’t emerge from my trance until I walked out of the theater. 

It was everything I could hope for in a movie.




4 comments:

  1. How would you compare Empire to Upstream Color?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I do that?! :D

    Let's see... both left me exhausted. Both wrenched my emotions around and around. One leaves on a big cliff hanger and the other on a tiny hill of hope. I want to watch Empire again with a group of people and Upstream Color, completely alone.

    Please! Tell me how you would answer that question. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least I could say that Empire is a nostalgia pick, so it's still my favorite of the two, but Upstream is probably the better film, objectively.

    I have to say, I'm tired of explaining to people why Upstream is so great. So I'd probably watch it alone, too. Or with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D

    Deal! You are definitely someone I would want to watch UC with. How nice it would be not to have to explain it or defend it. :)

    Interesting comparison of the two. I'm not very good at objectivity, so I'll leave that to you!

    ReplyDelete