Thursday, October 22, 2015

My Favorite Comedy Movie: Galaxy Quest

This movie directly pokes fun at me and mine. I’ve yet to go to a sci-fi convention, but my family did hold a moment of silence when the Star Trek Experience was dismantled in Vegas. 

If Galaxy Quest were mean spirited, it would not be fun at all. However, underneath the humor is a lot of love; the cast is enjoying the ride as much as I am. Aside from the Toy Story trilogy, this is Tim Allen at his best and as always, Alan Rickman can do no wrong. As an added bonus, it’s where I first became acquainted with Tony Shalhoub, Rainn Wilson, and Sam Rockwell. 

I never get tired of this movie and it would take something pretty spectacular to bump it from my top comedy spot.


2 comments:

  1. One of the best ensemble casts ever assembled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! :)

    There's not a weak one in the bunch! I love seeing them interact and react with each other.

    ReplyDelete